So we all wanna look fabulous on our wedding day, right ladies? Whether you want to transform into a diva like Beyonce or keep it timeless like Audrey Hepburn, this is your crash course on finding the perfect gown that best fits your hot, sizzling figure.
STEP 1: Determine what shape you are. For me, this is always a little humbling. While I wish I were 5’6″, I’m really only 5′ tall and beautifully puffy ballgowns just aren’t as flattering.
STEP 2: Once you have determined your shape, start considering the design elements or style/theme you will want to fit your wedding. Many times, your location will also determine the style of dress. For example, if you’re getting married in a tropical location with possible sand, you will want to stay away from dupioni silk or heavy ballgowns.
Great for: Well-endowed brides because it minimizes the girls.
STEP 3: Start shopping! Most bridal boutiques operate on an appointment only basis. On average, each appointment will take an average of 2 hours. For a production shopping experience, remember the following:
1. Wear Spanx or an undergarment resembling what you will wear on the wedding day. Taking your own strapless bra to ensure comfort and a proper fit.
2. Take a pair of shoes which resemble the heel height you want for your wedding day.
3. If you hope to wear your hair up on your wedding day you should take a pony tail holder with you to simulate an up-do. This will be helpful when sampling veils to go with your dress.
4. Always remember to walk around the boutique in the dress along with sitting.
5. Last but not least remember to consider what the back of the dress looks like. On the day of the wedding, guests will look at your back 50% of the time.
Super Star Intern,